Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The 5 W's of RoxyWTF

Welcome!

You're now reading the official blog of RoxyWTF.

Many of you are wonder why I have this wacky name that could be self-demeaning.

You have questions and I have answers, so let's jump into the 5 W's of RoxyWTF!

WHO AM I?

I am Roxy. 

I am an African-American woman from the Southside Safari (Chicago). My words can be blunt, sarcastic, and incredibly true. I err on the side of reality while my mind wanders into a world of fantasy and inappropriate sexual tastes.

Want to find out more? Keep reading.

WHAT AM I WRITING ABOUT?

I am writing about being a Black, bisexual, bipolar nerd in one of the urban jungles of America. I will write about my struggles, triumphs, and wacky adventures. 

WHERE ARE YOU GOING WITH THIS?

Who knows? Stay tuned and find out.

WHEN DO YOU START WRITING?

I've always wrote to myself. Journaling is an amazing thing. I have a tumblr that I write my personal battles. 
I also have a Twitter account where my random thoughts and acts of foolishness appears. 

WHY ARE YOU ROXYWTF?

My nickname was always Roxy since my teens. Last year, I decided to add the WTF to the end (online) because I was having an unknown manic episode. My behavior and words (online and off) would always leave people scratching their heads and saying "Roxy...WTF?!"

I figured it would be funny if I added that to my name. It kinda stuck and is something I don't regret.

People will always judge you. It's up to you how you accept that. Sometimes it is constructive, many times it's not.  


As a whole, this is just a glimpse into my world. As I continue to blog, I will always answer some of those questions you may have swimming in that darling head of yours.

I'm glad you are here to read my words. It humbles me to know there are people out there that like what I have to say. 

Many thanks to all of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment